Tea,Coffee or Turmeric?
On this post I am going to give you three different ways to incorporate turmeric into your diet and also fill you in on some of the proven benefits of turmeric. I hope you find this informative and useful.
Tea : green tea, breakfast tea or herbal tea
Coffee: latte, cappuccino, espresso black, short, long.
Turmeric: with pepper, or with ginger milk or water.
There are so many variations within the theme of Tea and Coffee and now we have one more that has become very popular.
We have all manner of teas from regular breakfast tea through all the herbal teas and green tea. In Summer there is iced tea which can be bought already prepared in any food outlet.
Coffee too has a range of different recipes and twists. You can choose a latte, a flat white, a cappuccino a long black or a short black. It can be made with skinny milk, almond milk or full cream milk. You can add a variety of syrups to enhance the flavor.
Turmeric has gained favor with many health conscious people these days and it too has a variety of variations. .
Recent studies have shown that turmeric has significant anti-inflammatory and anti cancer benefits. It has also been discovered that it can ward off the onset of Alzheimer disease.
I am going to share just a few recipes for turmeric drinks here
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of honey
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, and cover with a lid.
- Allow the mixture to steam and combine for 10 minutes or so.
- You can drink it warm or leave it to cool. once cooled. It will need to be stirred as you drink to redistribute the spices.
- Enjoy the flavor and all the wonderful health benefits. Make it a daily routine, replacing a regular cup of coffee with a turmeric tea.
2 Turmeric Latte.
1 cup of your favorite milk. Coconut or almond milk are OK too.
1 tablespoon grated fresh turmeric
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
a pinch of ground pepper
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
some ground cinnamon to garnish.
Combine all the ingredients and blend for 1 minute or more. Then heat to desired temperature ( not boiling) and pour into your favorite mug and garnish with a little cinnamon.
Enjoy. Double the amounts to make one for your partner at the same time.
3. Turmeric Smoothie
This is very like the latte above but you add your favorite fruit. and drink it cold. It is a great pick me up to get you going for the day.and keep you going.
- 2 bananas. Or other fruit of your choice.
- 240 ml of your choice of milk or use yogurt or half of each.
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder.
- ½ tsp. fresh ginger, grated.
- ½ tsp. cinnamon.
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup.
- some crushed ice.
Blend all the ingredients together till well mixed and smoothie. Pour into a glass and savor all the goodness.
This one is delicious especially now the warmer weather has arrived.
Make it a Daily Ritual
Replace one of your regular cups of tea or coffee with turmeric drink and you will be amazed at the difference it makes to your feeling of well-being. .
I find it easiest to replace the breakfast tea with turmeric tea. .
It has many benefits for your general health and also for specific health needs see more here: Turmeric
1. It is good for brain activity and will help delay the onset of Alzheimer.It also helps in healing the effects of stroke and diseases such as Parkinson s.
2 Turmeric will help to regulate blood sugar levels
3. It relieves stiffness in the joints caused by various forms of arthritis.
4 Turmeric is an anti inflammatory and helps in conditions where anti inflammatory drugs are needed such as DVT
5 It improves the process of digestion so that nutrients are more accessible to your bodies requirements.
6. Turmeric is also an excellent aid to reducing cholesterol, being able to assist in the break down of LDL.
Click on the picture below for some more proven benefits of turmeric
I would love for you to experiment with different ways of using turmeric and share them in the comments below. In doing so you will be instrumental in improving the health and well being of others, be creative and enjoy.